Saturday, August 18, 2012

Are you KIDDING Me?

I'm borrowing a pic from my friend Sonya's blog:

Why?

Because a Tap Dance Studio has moved in next door to my bead shop/studio. My nice quiet shop with it's peaceful, tranquil bubbling fountain. My oasis of creativity. Aarrrghhh!

And it's not just a tap dance studio - there's also ballet, clogging, and voice lessons.

And to say that the wall between our spaces is paper thin is an understatement. I could hear the former tenant when he peed in the restroom. Aaarrrrrrrgggh!

The owner came by 2 days ago to tell me that my shop would soon be filled with 5-year olds (and their mommies) coming to her classes, so my "business would really be picking up soon!"

I know my blood pressure has already picked up!  Help!!!!!

2 comments:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

I just love that picture...that is about how I felt today again! Maybe you can wear some ear plugs and tell customers they must write all of their questions down...LOL :)
Perhaps they will not be there very
long, I don't see that space as being big enough, one can hope.

Christine Altmiller said...

i haven't been around much lately but looks like i tuned in just in time. i feel and understand your pain!!! not the kind of business you want. and not the kind of noise you want as you work. ugh. ugh isn't strong enough, is it?!? a four letter word better covers the sentiment.