Saturday, June 9, 2012

Woke up to a Trojan

Not that kind, people!


I turned on my PC to catch up on Pinterest this morning, and nothing would work right! Well, almost nothing - my browsers worked, but didn't show up in the taskbar as being open. Weird.

I tried to open Photoshop, and 10 tries later, I had no Photoshop, plus the Task Manager told me it wasn't even trying to open. I've had it get hung up trying to open, but never just ignore me! So I decided to go into the start menu, and open Photoshop directly from its root folder, instead of from the desktop shortcut.

That worked - Photoshop opened, but .... Oops - now the start menu is filling almost 1/2 of my screen, and won't go away. And photoshop is behind it, mostly covered up with start menu. Which I cannot get rid of, no matter what I try.

Then my antivirus software pops up a window, telling me I have a trojan infection of a "high" malicious nature, and asks if I want to get rid of it. Well now, let me think about it .... hell, yeah - get rid of that thing! Why didn't you block it to begin with?!?


So my antivirus program told me it had successfully removed the virus, but the start menu still wouldn't minimize, so I did a shut down through the task manager, then restarted, and everything was fine again.

YAY!

No telling where I picked it up yesterday. I surf around to so many sites - probably several hundred different sites in the space of a couple of hours. I just hope I don't happen upon whatever site infected my PC again - that was a first for me!

1 comment:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Scary....glad you were able to fix it. My computer has been acting so wonky lately that every time I log on I think it may be the last.