Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lovin' Bloglovin

Bloglovin.com - are you guys familiar with this wonderful website?

This is one of the best things I have discovered in a long time. Bloglovin is a wonderful tool - it saves me time, increases my productivity and efficiency - I just love it. Can't say it enough!

What is Bloglovin, you ask?

It is a totally 100% free website, which I would totally pay for, by the way, which is saying a LOT these days.

You register on Bloglovin - which involves entering your e-mail and picking a password, and get ready to simplify your life.

Bloglovin keeps track of the blogs you want to follow. You copy and paste the URL of any blog you desire into Bloglovin's search field, and Bloglovin pops up a little button that says "Follow", you click the button, and then once a day you get ONE e-mail from Bloglovin with a list of any new posts from the blogs you've chosen to follow.

Bloglovin supports all blog platforms - Blogger, Wordpress, and even free-standing sites.

This is what my daily e-mail from Bloglovin looked like yesterday morning:

 Of all the blogs I follow, 3 had posted new content in the previous 24 hours.

The daily Bloglovin feed contains 2 clickable links for each new post - shown by the 2 arrows above.

The large arrowhead points to the direct permalink to the new post. This is provided through Bloglovin directly, which is an important distinction I will come back to.

The feathered arrow points to a hyperlink to the blog itself - no bypassing through Bloglovin. This is important to all you Pinterest pinners out there - if you want to pin something from one of these posts, you need to use this link, because you cannot Pin through a Bloglovin link. Does that make sense? Bloglovin prefers you to click through their link, so they put it first, and made it bigger. But I have gotten into the habit of clicking on the smaller text underneath, so I can pin if I "need" to.

Now I don't have to trudge through the list of blogs I follow on Google, trying to find updates. They are delivered to my e-mail daily! And I don't have to get mad because I accidentally closed the wrong window while I was reading blogs, and lost my place on that Google list! When I think about how much time I've wasted trying to track my way back to where I left off reading!

Can you blog hoppers imagine how handy Bloglovin would be when participating in a blog swap? Just feed all the participants' URLs into Bloglovin, and on the day of the swap, only those blogs that have updated will show up in your feed! No more clicking on blogs, just to find out they haven't updated their blog in 6 weeks - or more! Frustration over! Just don't enter all those URLs way in advance of the swap date UNLESS you really want to follow them, or your daily Bloglovin feed will get longer and longer!

/End of unsolicited, unpaid endorsement of Bloglovin. Check it out! You won't be sorry!

Edited to add important info for Pinners: If you DO click on the second link, to go directly to the blog, so that you can pin images, remember to first click on the title of the blog post! That way, you will be sure to add the permalink for the image, so that when other folks click on your pin, they go to the correct blog post!

2 comments:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Thanks so much!! What a big help!

Maggie said...

Very cool. I'm off to check it out. Thanks for sharing!