Monday, June 11, 2012

Bridges

I was doing some blog hopping early this week, reading about this and that, and got pleasantly diverted to Amazon.com, and a link to a memoir entitled "Let's Pretend This Never Happened." Already sounds like my kind of book, so I had to read further!

"Let's Pretend This Never Happened" is by Jen Lawson, a wickedly funny woman, as revealed in the interview posted by Amazon. And I'm sure she would get a laugh out of the fact that people who bought her book on Amazon also purchased "Fifty Shades of Grey." But back to the interview.

I literally laughed out loud at this quote from the interview: "I burn bridges because I like the pretty way they glow."

It reminded me of one of my favorite pins over at Pinterest:

Because I am a BIG-ole Bridge Burner. Can't seem to help myself. It's like bridges just catch fire the minute I set foot on them!

So, check out the Amazon link - I bet you'd enjoy her interview. And probably her book - I wish I had spare pennies to buy it!


2 comments:

H.T. said...

I think,I also like the bridges on fire if we can trust the metaphore's meaning sounds equally in the whole world.
I burned one yesterday.My road now's illuminating brightly.I can close my eyes and go.I know,I will not lose my way.
Read the comments in my blog-You'll know,what I mean.
Best Greetings-Halinka-

Maggie said...

My problem is I burn bridges and then the day comes when I want to cross back over.