Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Worktable

Still working on the Cellini spiral project. Working the large tubular spiral components into a design is challenging, so I'll be doing a lot of playing, and undoing, most likely!

Yesterday afternoon I decided to put some freeform peyote ruffled "skirts" on the ends of the Cellini spiral tubes. I threw in some off-white freshwater pearls at the edges of the ruffles.



These skirts are supposed to hide the freeform peyote connectors I design to connect the 2 tubes to a focal bead.

I got a little bit of stitching done on the peyote connections last night, and will work on them more today.

Isn't that focal bead amazing?!


These are the beads I am planning to use in my freeform peyote.

Off to start playing!

3 comments:

dreaminofbeads / SAS Jewelry Designs said...

Love it, can't wait to see the finished piece!
Sonya

Susan S said...

I love it so far!! I've only done celini spiral once - also had a hard time figuring out what to do with it. Wound up using it as a pendant/ focal bead and strung it on wire with seed beads and crystals. It's not my favorite necklace - I like yours much better!!!

Sweet Freedom said...

Susan, using the spiral tube as a focal sounds like a wonderful idea!