Sunday, August 31, 2008

Gearing up

So, we all know by now that I am hooked on chains. Just love the chainmaille!

So I spent last week researching jump ring cutting systems, and finally picked one out and placed the order on Thursday. And I ordered a bunch (a bunch) of wire.

The jump ring cutter should be here by the end of next week (holiday delay, of course), and my wire by mid-week, so I need to figure out where I'm going to put everything, and how I'm going to store all the different sizes and gauges and types of rings I cut.

Then I'll get the system set up, hopefully without any difficulty, and figure out how to cut rings!

Then I'll start putting some handouts together, and hopefully be teaching chainmaille classes by October.

I hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's fantastic! You'll have to let me know how you like the cutting machine and I'll pass the info onto my hubby. He's always cut them by hand - so time consuming!

Sweet Freedom said...

Sure thing, Sharon!